Call for Entries
Call for Artists: Freepoint Hotel, Cambridge
April 5 – June 30, 2018
Deadline to apply: March 16, 12:00 midnight EST
Opening Reception: April 12th, 6-8pm
Maud Morgan Arts and Chandler Gallery invite artists to submit work for an exhibit at the Freepoint Hotel. A boutique hotel in Cambridge, located a short walk from the Alewife train station. Any 2D work including works on paper, prints, drawings, paintings, collage, photographs are eligible. Sculptural / 3D works will be accepted on case-by-case bases due to space limitations.
Open to artists in the greater Boston area.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- Sculptural/3D work accepted on a case by case basis. Reach out to MMA staff before submitting (Size cannot exceed 24 inches in any direction) — so it can fit on a shelf.
- Political themes and nudity will be considered on a case-by case basis.
- 2D work must be under 60 inches.
- Note that if work sells MMA receives 30% of the Sale – price accordingly.
- Please have artist CV & Artist Statement Prepared for upload
- All participating artists will be listed on Freepoint Hotels’ Art webpage.
- $15 for up to 3 images (for administrative fees).
- Complete the entry form on line: https://form.jotform.com/80365534232149
Accepted on a Case by Case Basis:
- Unconventional installation process
- Contains political or nudity themes
- Notification: March 22
- Delivery of work: March 26 – 29, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Reception:April 12th, 6-8pm
- Exhibition ends: June 30
- Pickup of work: TBA
Delivery of artwork:
- Artwork must be delivered to Maud Morgan Arts within designated timeline. No late artwork intake.
- Shipped work will not be accepted.
- Submission of artwork does not guarantee acceptance
- The Freepoint Hotel and Maud Morgan Arts do not insure artwork installed at Freepoint Hotel. Exhibiting artists acknowledge they are solely responsible for any damage that may incur during the installation, length of Exhibition and de-installation.
- MMA + Freepoint Hotel has the right to photograph installed work for promotional purposes (for exhibition marketing. All artists will be credited if their work is on any printed materials).
- Artwork must be dropped off at MMA within designated timeline. No late artwork intake.
Questions? Boriana Kantcheva: 617 349-6287 x22 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for a peek of the Freepoint lobby/Exhibition Space!