Call for Entries
Call to Artists: Prints as Sculpture
January 16 – February 9, 2018
Deadline to Apply: November 30, 2017, 12:00 midnight EST
Opening reception: January 18, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Chandler Gallery invites artists to submit artwork that utilizes at least one printmaking process to create a 3 Dimensional or Sculptural work of art. These can include but are not limited to artist books, freestanding objects, wall installations, paper sculptures. The show will coincide with the Boston Printmakers Biennial and other printmaking shows in the Cambridge and Boston area.
Rhoda Rosenberg and Boriana Kantcheva
About the curators:
Rhoda Rosenberg was born in Philadelphia. She graduated Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Diploma Painting and Drawings Temple University, BFA and School of the Museum of Fine Arts/Tufts University, MFA Printmaking. She has been a faculty member at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts since 1982. She was also a visiting artists and a faculty at Artists Proof Studio, Johannesburg, South Africa. She has had a numerous shows since 1979 in the United States and South Africa. Collections: Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Danforth Museum of Art, The Art Complex, Duxbury, MA and many private collections.
Boriana Kantcheva, originally from Bulgaria, has lived and worked in the Boston area for over 19 years. She has received a BFA from Massachusetts College of Art and an MFA from School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Tufts University joint degree program. She has worked as an assistant teacher at the Carpenter Center for Visual and Environmental Studies where she has received several Harvard University Certificates of Distinction in Teaching awards. She currently holds a position of a gallery coordinator at Chandler Gallery, Maud Morgan Arts Center. Boriana is a member of Bromfield Gallery and her work can also be seen at 13 Forest Gallery.
Open to artists in the greater Boston area.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please include a maximum of 2 detail images per piece.
- The Chandler Gallery is very small. We ask artists to submit work appropriate for the gallery’s size. Please see floor plan here: http://www.maudmorganarts.org/chandler-gallery/gallery-information/
- $10 per entry/ maximum of 3 entries
- Complete the entry form on line: https://goo.gl/forms/vPUrQNZCESZZBRs03
- Save your submission images as jpegs. Each jpg should be 1200 pixels in the longest dimension and named as NAME_#.jpg where # is the submission number and Name is your last name: SMITH_1.jpg
- Label each image with the number corresponding to the entry number in the Google form
- Email your images to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of your email write: Prints as Sculpture
- Payments can submitted via SquareUp at https://squareup.com/store/maud-morgan-arts/
- Entry deadline: November 30, 12:00 midnight EST
- Notification: Between December 18 – 20
- Delivery of work: January 3 – 5, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday 6, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Exhibition opens: January 16, 2018
- Reception: January 18, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Exhibition ends: February 9, 2018
- Pickup of Work: February 12 – 16, 2018
Delivery of artwork
- Artists are required to transport artwork and materials to gallery space.
- The Chandler gallery does not accept shipped work and will not ship work back.
- Submission of artwork does not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition.
Questions? Boriana Kantcheva: 617 349-6287 x22 or e-mail: email@example.com