The Chandler Gallery is open Monday through Friday 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Description of Space
The Chandler Gallery occupies what was once the gracious parlor of a Victorian house. The fireplace, the moldings, the wood floor, and the large windows are intact, giving an intimate feel of warmth and light to the gallery.
Exhibiting at Chandler Gallery
Call for Curators:
Deadline: May 1, 2018
Chandler Gallery is inviting a curator or curators to propose a show for 2019 exhibition roaster. If the show is an open call to artists, the call must include a small fee of $15 paid to the gallery. Alternatively, curator/s can invite a group of artists whose work supports the theme of the show in which case no fee will be charged.
- Proposals should be organized around a theme.
- Curator/s can include their work in the show.
- Open to 2D and 3D mediums.
- Gallery coordinator will work on creating a “call for artists” with the curator/s if a call is needed
- Curator/s are strongly encouraged to organize an event during the show in collaboration with the Chandler Gallery Coordinator. This might be a gallery talk with the participating artists, a demonstration, a workshop, or some other type of creative idea connected to the exhibit that will allow for people to engage more deeply with the show.
- The gallery asks for a donation of 30% of sales from exhibitions. All proceeds support the Chandler Gallery.
Submission materials for group proposals:
- Curator/s proposal for the exhibit
- Curator/s short bio and resume, and if applicable 10 jpeg images supporting the concept. The images should be labeled with the artist’s last name. Image size should not exceed 2 megabytes.
- List of images: Artist’s name, title of the piece, medium, dimensions and year.
* Curator/s will be notified between July 1 and 30th.
Chandler Gallery Advisory Committee