Small Works Salon
Small Works Salon 2019: Interior Spaces
A juried exhibition of artwork at the Chandler Gallery
Juror: Hilary Tait Norod
Entry deadline: February 3, 2019
March 25 to April 19, 2019
Reception: Thursday, April 4, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
The Chandler Gallery invites artists to submit work inspired by interior spaces both physical and cognitive. Artists may interpret the idea in many ways and make work that is not necessarily literal but uses the ideas of interiority, home and private spaces metaphorically. Any 2D or 3D techniques including works on paper, prints, drawings, photographs, collages, books, paintings, and sculpture are eligible. Work should not exceed 24 inches on the longest side.
Open to artists in the greater Boston area.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please include a maximum of 2 detail images per piece if you are submitting 3D/sculptural work
- See Chandler Gallery floor plan here: http://www.maudmorganarts.org/chandler-gallery/gallery-information/
- $10 per entry/ maximum of 3 entries
- Complete the entry form on line: https://form.jotform.com/83164388201152
- Entry deadline: February 3, 2019, 12:00 midnight EST
- Notification: Between February 19 – 21
- Delivery of work: March 13,14, 15 and Saturday, March 16, 11 am – 1 pm
- Exhibition opens: March 25
- Reception: Thursday, April 4, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Exhibition ends: April 19
- Pickup of Work: TBA
Delivery of artwork
- Artists are required to transport artwork and materials to gallery space.
- The Chandler gallery does not accept shipped work and will not ship work back.
- Submission of artwork does not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition.
Questions? Boriana Kantcheva: 617 349-6287 x22 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hilary Tait Norod:
Hilary Tait Norod is the Director of Galatea Fine Art, a large contemporary gallery located in the SoWA arts district of Boston. Norod recently graduated from Lesley University with an MFA in Visual Arts, where she was the recipient of the Presidential Award and Scholarship and she graduated Skidmore College with a BS in Studio Art in 2009. Current representation includes Webster Company in Boston and Gallery ZG04 in Los Angeles. Her work is included in private collections across the country and currently explores notions of the domestic and romantic partnerships. Norod is an active participate in the local Boston arts community with strong advocacy for the education and development of artists’ careers and growth of the arts network.