About Maud Morgan Arts
MMA allows for diverse art creation with state of the art Ceramic, Printmaking and mixed media studio spaces. Children, teens, and established and emerging artists of all ages and all levels create, teach, exhibit, and collaborate at Maud Morgan Arts. Maud Morgan Arts/Agassiz Baldwin Community is a place that nurtures individual growth and creativity, builds connections, and serves as a forum for community advocacy. We believe in: welcoming and including everyone; lifelong learning; and fostering a culture of creativity and cooperation.
We are an inclusive community and all are encouraged to apply. We believe diversity is a strength and we value the unique perspectives and contributions that people of all backgrounds and life experiences can bring to our team. Therefore, we are actively recruiting people of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, and those who do not speak English as their first language.
Click here if you’re interested in submitting a workshop!
Join Our Team
Seeking inspired instructors to teach art related classes to children for Maud’s Arts Afterschool program! [Specifically ceramics as well as mixed media based art]
- Our Afterschool Teachers work Monday through Friday, 1:30-6pm
- Have at least one year of experience working with children age 4-11
- Develop engaging activities for groups of 10-12 children
- Teamwork: problem-solve with team to support positive impact on youth and their families, demonstrate flexibility (ex.) openness to teaching all types of activities depending on program needs)
- Communication and Understanding: share and receive different perspectives to understand diverse needs of staff, youth, and their families
- Inclusion: ongoing personal reflection around biases including but not limited to racial and gender equity
- Social Emotional Learning: receive training on and use Nurtured Heart Approach when working with program youth
MMA Staff Qualifications
Background in Visual Arts, Studio Arts, Art Education and Project Development
Experience in class planning and implementation
Prior Classroom/teaching experience (Classroom Management & organizational skills).
Preferred Skill – CPR + First Aid Certified
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Employment is dependent on completing a background and fingerprint check. Maud Morgan Arts is a program of Agassiz Baldwin Community, an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Salary $20 an hour
Email MMA Director, Cory Shea [cshea(at)agassiz.org]